The Taiping War Cemetery is 2 kilometres south of the town, past the Taiping Garden on the road to the waterfall and swimming pool. Locally known as Perkuburan Peperangan Taiping. The Cemetery is on the Jalan Bukit Larut, and is signposted from the main road from Taiping to Ipoh.
The cemetery is the final resting place for Allied personnel who were killed during World War II, particularly the Malayan Campaign and the Japanese occupation of Malaya. Servicemen who died after the war or during their posting in northern Malaya prior to the Malayan Emergency are also interred here.
The cemetery is split into two sections, with two separate entrances, the Christian graves are located on the eastern side of the cemetery while the Muslim and Gurkha graves are located on the western side. On the Christian side a large cross of sacrifice stands on the southeastern boundary, whereas in the Muslim and Gurkha section, a large stone of remembrance has been placed on the northwestern boundary. Each burial site is marked with a white granite headstone and where known, the name of the soldier and their regimental insignia. The Muslim graves are faced towards Mecca as required by their religious beliefs.
In total there are 850 World War II graves at the Taiping War Cemetery, with most of those buried originating from the UK, Australia, China, Malaysia and of Gurkha heritage. At least 500 of these men have unknown identities, their graves simply marked with the words ‘Soldier of the 1939-1945 War’.
For more info :-
Website :- https://www.cwgc.org/